The original Safety Analysis Report (SAR) for Kozloduy NPP Units 5&6 has not been elaborated in accordance with the Russian “Requirements on the content of the safety analysis report for nuclear power plants with reactors VVER” – NP-006-98 (PNAE G-01-36-95), since this standard was issued after the Units commissioning. Therefore, as part of the Kozloduy NPP Units 5&6 Modernization Program, it has been decided to update the safety analysis report in accordance with the requirements of PNAE G-01-36-95. The SAR updating includes the following tasks:
- adapting the content of the existing SAR according to the requirements of PNAE G-01-36-95;
- supplementing information as required per PNAE G-01-36-95;
- elaboration of analyses and substantiating the Units safety, after the changes in the design have been implemented;
- providing technical support to Kozloduy NPP in licensing the changes in the design;
- support to the main contractor by providing information on the specific features of VVER-1000.