The electrical equipment of the Control Rod Drive and Control Rod Position Control System of the reactor is designed for modernization of WWER-1000 (B-320) control system of KNPP Units 5&6
The project for the Control Rod Drive Control System (CRD CS) modernization included, as follows:
- Full-scope modernization of the electrical part instrumentation;
- Complete replacement of the Control and Protection System Control Rods – the motion units, position sensors, solenoid units, casings and extension shaft;
- Power transformers replacement;
- Complete replacement of power cables, power supply drives of the solenoids and control cables to the CR position sensors (outside and inside the containment);
- Replacement of the instrumentation for CR control and signal processing system at the panel and at the MCR operative panels;
- Additional DC boards equipping with terminals and relays for the generation of Loss of Operative Voltage Protection.