The main purpose of the project is to perform additional and independent assessment of the engineering safety of the 3rd generation of reactors building subjected to the impact of large passenger aircraft crash.
For the purposes of the project, the following activities were carried out:
- Assessment of the air traffic in the plant area;
- Calculation of the load functions of Boeing 747 and Airbus 380 for different crash speed and different quantities of fuel in the tanks according to Riera method;
- Digital modeling of reactor building civil structure and aircraft structure;
- Carrying out series of non-linear dynamic analyses to define the boundary capacity, the main mechanisms of rupture and the safety factors for the different crash scenarios;
- Assessment of the dynamic response of the internal structures by floor response spectra;
- Drafting recommendations to the Designer for structural changes aiming at safety improvement.