Cogen Zagore Ltd. is 100% owned by Risk Engineering Ltd., which has performed the functions of investor, designer, supplier, constructor and installer in the project.
The plant is designed to operate as combine with a cannery, whereby the latter is the steam consumer, and the produced net electric power is being sold on the free market.
Together with the power plant, also an own automatic gas regulation station (AGRS) was built, whereby pressure of 43 bar in the main gas pipeline is reduced down to 6 bar in the branch pipeline to the power plant.
The combine enterprise is built by implementing a modular principle: Transformer – Generator - Motor – Steam generator – Stack.
At present two units have been installed, and space is envisaged for future extension by one more unit. Each unit has electric power of 3 MWе, steam production capacity 2.3 t/h and hot water with power 1.3 MWth.
The flow rate of natural gas for each cogenerator is 750 Nm3/h.
The overall efficiency of the plant is 86%.
Through the project implementation, Risk Engineering Ltd. has accomplished the following activities:
- Conceptual and detailed design of parts: civil structures, mechanical, electrical, I&C, fire safety, HVAC, water supply and sewerage;
- Designer supervision for all design parts;
- Construction of the foundations of the building and the cogeneration modules;
- Complex delivery of the process equipment;
- Installation of the delivered equipment and process lines;
- Erection of 3 steel stacks, each 18 m high;
- Manufacturing part of the equipment in Bulgarian factories;
- Construction of 80 m steam pipeline from the plant to the factory;
- Construction of 400 m own gas pipeline;
- Elaboration of as-built documentation and documentation for certification.